[CQ-Contest] Relaxing and Enjoying Instead

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 23:45:29 EDT 2013

How to Relax and Enjoy Anyway...

After going through all agonizing about how contesting is being ruined by
skimmers and remotes and so on, I have decided to relax with my strategy.

>From now on, I will contest my old style way, just the way I like to do
things... hand sending CW/head reading, speaking with my own voice into a
mic that goes to the radio I have my hands on which goes to my antenna
outside my window, un-skimmed, no APRCTSXY anything, no internet, and with
a vague idea of the sub-paragraphs of the rules.

I may self-spot if no yagi points my way, and I am going to work and log
all dupes and others just whatever they send without thinking about it
later.  I am going to send in my log just as it comes the minute the
contest ends and if it violates any rules I cant remember, there is always
"check log winner" too (my own invented category).

It is wonderful to be so free and to relax and enjoy contesting my way;  I
recommend it to anyone.   73

--
Charly, HS0ZCW