[CQ-Contest] FD Class - Power multiplier

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Jun 20 23:13:58 EDT 2013

So the obvious question is... how was the battery initially charged
before it was brought to Field Day and put into service?

Was it sitting in your garage on a trickle charger during the prior week
(i.e., charged from commercial mains)?

Or was it fresh from the 'Batteries-R-Us' in a sealed carton, delivered
with a full charge? So then the question is how was it charged by the
manufacturer?

To meet the 'letter of the rules' it appears you need to buy a dry
battery, pour in the electrolyte, and charge it up using solar or your
private wind generated electrical source.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN