[CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite

Joe Fitzgerald jfitzgerald at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Mar 5 21:43:37 EST 2013

On 3/5/2013 6:45 PM, hankkier at aol.com wrote:
> 1 - almost impossible to find a run frequency without stepping on someone's toes, except on 10 meters
One memorable moment for me was a K2 station that graciously gave me his
20M run frequency late Sunday afternoon.  Said he had worked 300 Q's on
that frequency, but just got the call that the spare ribs were done!

> 5 - keep working the same stations on the same bands that we have worked countless times before

Curiously that is one of the things I like about it.  Run rates were low
enough Sunday afternoon that I was able to celebrate with various dx
stations "Nice to see you again for N bands!"  It's especially fun when N=6

-Joe KM1P