[CQ-Contest] SEA DX perspective

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Mar 6 16:04:37 EST 2013

I don't know about boring.  I was LP assisted in the CW and worked  almost
3000 stations.  Total mults were around 535.  34 were from  Asia, 29 from
the Pacific.  Condx were good, but not great.  I  never ran out of stations to
work and had a 60 hour the last hour of the  contest.  That's not really
indicative of a low participation  contest.

You play the hand given you.  Not all contests are fun for me so I sit
them out.  They are not supposed to have the same "fun level" for  everyone.
It is more fun to do the ARRL from W1 than W6, so there are less  W6 stations
that take the game seriously.

The contests that really aren't that much fun for a large amount of people,
 die. Those that are fun continue.  The ARRL has large number of
participants and I really don't know what can be done to increase participation
short of a major overhaul of the rules.

The FL QSO Party is an very targeted contest, but yet many of the mobiles
consistantly run QSO totals over 2K..with only 100 watts.  I ran almost 3K
from my fixed station.  No one is going to win the high score for the FQP
from Asia, but yet we get participation even in that one.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 3/6/2013 6:20:17 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,