[CQ-Contest] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 6 19:30:10 EST 2013

  I’ve always equated the ARRL DX Contest being what WAE is for stations in Europe. (Without the QTC’s !) Everyone works only the W/VE. You can probably get better runs in W/VE with a smaller station than CQWW because everyone has their beams pointed our way all the time. I think there probably aren’t as many multipliers on because not every part of the world has 24 hour a day propagation to us. Plus it’s probably not worth going to some rare DX location far from us to just work W/VE stations.

Jeff KU8E