[CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Mar 6 22:31:14 EST 2013

If you like to run rate then go to the Caribbean or Central America and
have a blast!  Three years I was at V47 land and all I can say is what a
blast!  10m near the bottom of the cycle open to the US would put the
rate meter well over 350 contacts per hour.  I don't think we got over
the 400 mark and this was before affordable laptops and decent logging
software, ie the 80's.

CQ WW CW was great fun from J6M but it is a different animal with zone
and way more mults to chase around.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  I am not hearing any complaints from
the Western US.

Mike W0MU