[CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sat Mar 9 17:08:05 EST 2013

If it's a DX contest, isn't it a "Distance contest" in the first place?
I can understand divvying up the world into big chunks when paper
logging and manual scoring were involved. But this is the 21st century.
Why isn't this contest scoring based upon distance?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

P.S. Before anyone brings it up... I say, "Screw the existing records!"
Just move ahead and create NEW records. We are already accustom to
compromising for "old technology". And what relevance do the scores from
50 years ago have today anyway? Think outside the bun, box, whatever...!