[CQ-Contest] Contest spotting

bill bill at w9ol.com
Sat Mar 9 19:14:57 EST 2013

I would only comment that....if you watch the kids today. They play
video games.
Faster, more instinctive, instant gratification, almost to the point of
addictive.

A slower, more polite, contest may not attract any of the young bloods.

Now don't dump on me....I work a lot of contests, nice and easy, chase
who I want, and have a quiet type of fun.
But I don't think the kids - potentially ham contesters, would find a
more relaxed contesting style attractive.

But then I may be wrong...it happens, ask my wife!

On 2013-03-09 4:48 PM, Radio K0HB wrote:
> Radioman skills would improve.  Contesting would be a lot more rewarding,
> with a real sense of accomplishment.
>

> On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Tom Osborne wrote:
>
>> What is the downside of nobody using cluster spots in contests?  73
>>
>> Tom W7WHY

Advice to beginners: Boldly start in reverse!-Aesop