[CQ-Contest] ve9aa stacked beams

rob wa1fcn at charter.net
Thu Mar 14 11:44:55 EDT 2013

Hi Mike

Like you I have found almost no information on stacking
beams on separate towers except that it can be done.
I myself have done this.  I have two towers separated by
115 ft.  I have a TA4S on one  and a TH5 on the other.
I use a Comtek stack-2  . I am able to beam ether one or
both together.  I love the instant reversal of directions,
depending on where the beams are pointed.  Even tho
the beams are not the same swr is great.  In all honesty
both beams in same direction gives me no signal
improvement. My main desire was to beam two directions
at once with low swr.   I am in process of restoring my low
tower to its original height.  It bent over in the Tornado's of
April 2011.  I cut of top of bent sections and rebuilt the two
beams and used tower as 35 ft.  My main tower is 70 ft  with
TH5 on it.  Also I have 2 el 40 just 8 ft below it.
I was feeding  each beam with equal lenght of LMR 400.

  Mike nothing ventured nothing gained. Go for it I am pleased
at what I have.

73 BoB WA1FCN