[CQ-Contest] CQWW Survey

w5ov at w5ov.com w5ov at w5ov.com
Wed Mar 20 15:39:54 EDT 2013

Paul,

While I appreciate your tenacity with this, your analogy of assistance
being "propulsion" is the one that is incorrect; Randy's analogy of using
a GPS in sailing is indeed comparable to spotting assistance in
contesting.

Let's agree for the moment that propulsion is analogous to making QSOs.

Assistance does not work any qsos for you (propulsion) it merely tells you
where they are located - somewhat like a GPS tells you where you are and
where to route your sailboat.

For your "propulsion" analogy to apply, we'd have to be discussing
combining QRP classes with QRO.  No one is suggesting that.

W5OV