[CQ-Contest] Golden Goose redux...

Ray Fallen ray.fallen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 19:41:53 EDT 2013

Hi Paul...

And I would say that *you* completely miss the point...IMHO, packet is
nothing more than ANOTHER "relevant technology assist."  Now who is living
in the past, Paul?

I'm sure that if there had been a Contest Reflector back in the days of NA
Version 1.0 or CT Version 1.01...there would be guys saying that computers
gave some stations an unfair advantage.  It's 2013, and there are still
Luddites out there who unfairly burden contest volunteers
by sending in paper logs.  I'm sure that somehow they consider themselves
on a higher moral plane than the rest of us.   Ah...the purity of it all.

But you and I will simply agree to disagree.

Yours was the only remotely negative response I received Paul...not saying
that everybody else is right and you are wrong.

But I think that's where the smart money would be.

My sarcasm is that it has become virtually impossible to police unassisted
entries who use packet.  So other than giving guys a
reason to bloviate, pontificate and bitch about cheating and ethics after
every friggin' contest, why bother with the separate categories?

I get the point just fine...thank you.

73 and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ray - ND8L