[CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Mar 26 13:42:01 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:07:11AM +0000, kr2q at optimum.net wrote:

> I don't know the algorithm used to calculate non-operating hours.

That would seem to be an important thing to know.

Thinking back to the K1EA CT logging program I seem to recall you
could use a command that would change the 'offtime' window that
the program looked at to caculate 'offtime'  Say if you did not
make a contact for 30 mins it would count that as offtime but
if you only went 29 mins without a contact that would not
be counted as offtime.

If the window is 5 minutes I can see how it would over count
many casual / small stations offtime as they can go a long time
between contacts.