[CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sat Mar 30 23:47:30 EDT 2013

K9NW suggested:

> And then one weekend a renegade "48 Hour Guy" with all his stacks and SO2R
> and other evil gadgetry invades the category because he finds he can still
> get his competitive fix and not have to kill himself in the process. And
> then a couple of his peers join in the fun next time for the same reason,
> and they begin to dominate the category. And then we're all back here
> after
> the contest complaining that "48 Hour Guy" shouldn't really be
> operating in
> the "24 Hour" category with his big station and that if you have "x"
> number
> of elements on "x" number of bands you should enter in another class or
> category or something because it's unfair.

As I said in one of a number of recent posts to this list that vanished
like CQWW entries in the final results, go back to the way things were
originally: no entry categories, just one for all.

Then no problems with figuring out which SOs were really MO, or who runs
an Italian/Russian/Thai 200 watt amplifier & claims LP.  Likewise SO/SOA
- becomes a non-issue.

All this unverifiable & therefore unenforceable category stuff should
NEVER have been adopted in the first place.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.