[CQ-Contest] Stubs

Joe nss at mwt.net
Tue May 7 09:13:28 EDT 2013

That IS a good question.

Anyone have any typical plots?

I have read that use of a lossy line will lessen the depth of the notch,
but it will also broaden it too. depending on operating practices a
trade off?

maybe optimize them? since for the 40 meter stub, cut it first shorter
say for 7225 KHz, 269.66 inches. with a like BNC connector on the end.

Then make up a short connector, that adds about 7 more inches to it to
drag the null down to 7050 or so?

This also makes it possible to make a shorted connector too to short the
ends when needed to make it the 20 meter null.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme