[CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue May 7 12:37:16 EDT 2013

It seems to me that your rather self-serving proposal totally discards
whatever strategy there may be in the WPX contest and turns it into even
more of a simple run fest.  That K1LZ apparently played the low band
card better than you did seems to me to be a plus for the contest, not a
negative.  I don't see how making every contact worth a flat 3 points
makes the contest more interesting or enjoyable in the least.

As for geographical advantages, I always thought that was what
state/regional/country award categories were for.  In any case I suspect
that many of us not living on the east coast find the distinction
between Georgia and Massachusetts to be relatively minor, and there
isn't a contest anywhere on the calendar (including your proposal) that
would "eliminate the geographical advantages and make the contest
playing field level for all."

Dave   AB7E