[CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 08:00:58 EDT 2013

My gosh, we haven't even got to WPX, and the whining starts... Look fellows... it is.. what it is.... IF you don't like the rules... two choices.. play or not... or build your own contest, so you can win every time.Those are the choices. The chances of winning are greatly improved by spending money.. of course. And.. along with spending money, one must remember the old sayin.. location, location, location. So.. spend the money first on a location... second spend more money on STUFF. And.. after you get all done spending more money,you may still be beat out in pileups, and in some contests..... because you can not legislate propagation/nature. So... as time rolls on, andthe money may or may not be totally expendable now, time isn't.. and I would prefer to enjoy contesting.. for what it really is. And that ain't a level field, to play on... either. But.. it is ... what it is.... and I choose to play. and use my delete key. Good luck, see you in the next test too!!!  I'll be the little signal under the big hat!!

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy