[CQ-Contest] 355th annual K9PG Hooters Party

Paul Gentry Paul at k9pg.com
Wed May 8 15:53:47 EDT 2013

Yes... there is an annual Hooters party this year, sorry for the delay in
posting.

The ONLY place to be Thursday night of Dayton!

Thurs May 16 around 6:30pm

If your club is having a meeting somewhere, change the location to Hooters!
 Everyone is invited (well, almost everyone.... some SSTVers tried & failed
to put their tab on my bill a couple years ago... I had none of that)

Here's the location

http://goo.gl/maps/0mbv6

Kick off is around 6:30, although it's usually full by then.  If you need a
ride, please try to find someone who is going and hitch a ride with them.
We can meet in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza around 6pm...although there
has only been a small handful of people there in the past few years....
seems like most everyone finds a way to get there.

As is the case every year, the amount of free wings seems to be going
down.... I've been told that we get 200 boneless this year... but if more
people show up, we'll get more.

And as is the case every year, please dress up on your brightest Hawaiian
shirt & neon yellow sport coat with green PJ pants.  A pimp hat is a bonus.
  At the very least, please put on a Hawaiian shirt.  Your local GoodWill
always has a great collection of them!  The illustrious PINK JACKET hasn't
made its way back into my hands as of yet.... there's a chance that last
year's winner won't be making it this year.... still TBD.

I've been hosting this for about 15 years or so... and the final bill has
never been a problem... I've always had enough donations to cover the bill
and give the girls a nice tip... until last year.  The bill was over $1000
not including tip... and when the donations were counted, we were short...
and if it weren't for a $100 donation by VU2PAI, I woulda been very short.
   Please... donate enough to cover what you think your bill would've been
(including tax & tip) and add $5-$10.

P49V (formerly known as P40V) and his lovely XYL Sue P40YL will be joining
us for the first time!   I think that this might be the first CQ Contest
Hall of Fame member to be joining us!

Questions?  Fire away direct please.

K9PG

Paul Gentry