[CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:18:51 EDT 2013

Lets see what you are REALLY suggesting:

The rules ain't fair, you can't win no matter how hard you try, So
LETS CHANGE THE RULES!!  YAAYY  I WON!!!

Give us all a break.

I can't win either - does that mean I can lobby for a rule change as well?

Seems to me kids in the lower grades in school have something like
this already.  They play sports, but they don't keep score.  That way,
they can run home and tell their parents they won!  Yippeee.  I AIN'T
A LOOSER!!

Is this really where we need to go?  Don't keep score, and everyone
can claim a win?  What happens when they get out into the real world,
and those "no keeping score" rules no longer apply?  Their poor egos'
get bruised, they pick up their socks, and either try a different
game, try harder, move on, or whatever.

I really don't wish this to sound as negative as it probably does, but
life is not perfect, and we don't have a level playing field.
Changing the rules to help one competitor in one part of one country
so he can claim a win does not sound very reasonable no matter how
many ways you try and jusify it..

Don't like the rules?  Create a new contest where you can guarantee
yourself a win!  That way, you can tilt the table all you like...  No
more crying how the rules ain't fair.

Tom - VE3CX

P.S.  My appologies in advanace to anyone who may be offended by the
tone of this post.  Hearing how bad off Rick is just makes me want to
shake my head and wonder.  I am sure I am not the only one.  I for one
would LOVE to have all the advantages he has...  I don't.  Life is not
fair that way.  I enter, do my best, and at the end of the day, if
things worked well, the stars aligned just the right way - I too might
win...  We should all be so lucky.