[CQ-Contest] WPX

Mark Luhrman w4svo at att.net
Sat May 11 12:57:50 EDT 2013

After reading this thread. I want to put my two cents in. Also since I am a low band person, I will tell you factual stuff. I have operated single band 80 probably more than anyone in the USA in ARRL DX, CQ WW and CW WPX. Best finish no 2 and this is from FLORIDA. Which gives somewhat of an advantage. I can tell you that on 80 mtrs you will never work as many 6 pointers as the guys up in the NE. Maybe with a 3 ele yagi @180 or a 6el. vertical array I might work as many 6 pointers but probably not more. Even look at scores outside NA unless you are in a prime location you will not work that many six pointers. And buy the way I have been operating 80 mtrs in contests since 1979. So this 6point thing is very unfair. Take thst away and see who wins on 80 in WPX!