[CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source

Jeff Blaine jeff at ac0c.com
Wed May 15 00:14:42 EDT 2013

The FD rules specify the rig must be run from a power source other than mains.

But how would station accessories (like a power meter used to ensure QRP power compliance, for example) or non-station gear (lighting, computer, etc) treated?

I can see it either way.  However, it seems to me that in a real emergency, the only thing that counts is power to the rig.  Anything a guy brings to facilitate contest scoring (computers), personal comfort (electric seat warmer) or whatever would not be there in an emergency and I expect is not considered “rig”.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie