[CQ-Contest] Will there be anyone to work in 20 years?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri May 24 16:56:37 EDT 2013

Attracting youth to ham radio in general is not going to happen, and I
can list several reasons why not.  That being said, the ONLY aspect of
ham radio with any general appeal to "youth" (i.e., anyone less than the
current median age of hams) is likely to to be contesting.  Everything
else can be done better, cheaper, and easier via other means, but
competition is competition as long as the barriers to entry are not great.

73,
Dave   AB7E