[CQ-Contest] Will there be anyone to work in 20 years?

Steve Dyer w1srd at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 23:18:17 EDT 2013

Competition for attention is the issue, not lack of another specialized category.

Immediate feedback. Real-time scoring. More dynamic team play. This is what we need to be developing to attract a new generation of contesters.

We are competing with online gaming. That's the way we need to think about how to attract the next generation.

Many ideas that have been floated by many individuals along these lines. The recent series in NCJ on game design was great. N0AX's talk at Visalia was spot on.

Kudos to CQWW for moving in the right direction, but as long as print magazine publishing dates drive results posting, don't count on the radical innovation we need from the major contests.

73,
Steve
W1SRD