[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue May 28 08:38:52 EDT 2013

Hi Brian - this is entirely up to each operator. For example, N1MM
Logger has a Packet Spot Timeout setting. For use with the RBN, we
usually recommend a setting of no more than 10-12 minutes, because if a
station continues CQing on a frequency CW Skimmer will re-spot it at
roughly that interval.  That also helps busted spots to go away quickly,
of course.

Often, too, you will see both the busted spot and the real one on the
same frequency on your bandmap if more than one RBN Skimmer copied the
station.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,