[CQ-Contest] Running ID

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Fri Nov 1 10:36:11 EDT 2013

This situation is where QUICK-MEM and/or bandstacking comes in handy: if
you're calling someone and don't know who it is, you're just QRMing the
folks on frequency who do.

Dump his frequency into a memory and come back from time to time. Work him
when you know who he is.

Then again, if you think it's valid S&P strategy to waste 21 QSOs waiting
for him to ID, then pardon the interruption.

(Do NOT confuse any of this with excusing a lack of ID. But you're never
going to change the world by boiling over on 14.035.)

All this being said, some of the most successful stations ID every Q.

Just remember, you'll work more stations by working stations, not by waiting
for one station to ID.

73, kelly
ve4xt