[CQ-Contest] Running ID

Martin , LU5DX lu5dx at lucg.com.ar
Fri Nov 1 17:57:46 EDT 2013

You are so right Marteen.
Telling people:"...if you don't know who he is, just move on and don't call
him...", is like saying: "...if you are not using dx alerting assistance,
then you are a second class citizen, so lay back and wait (for I don't know
how long) till his Highness of egos thinks you have enough dignity to know
his callsign..."
Actually, also people using packet, if they are lid enough, will call in
blind, log the unknown and leave. But they still have more information than
the rest and they risk on their own to log a QSO with somebody they really
don't know for sure who he is.
Plain SOs dont' have a clue about who the rare King Lid not IDing is ( I
can really say some of them are real big lids. Even though they rack up big
scores, their CW copying skills suck big time).
I´ve been asked to give examples to confirm what I said in my first email
and so I did. I even sent a link to a recording where you can hear one of
these lids not IDing for over five minutes in a row.
Apparently nothing can be done. That's the official word.

Relax and have fun. It's just a game...or so they say.

73.
Martin, LU5DX

P.S.I remember a recording of PJ4T (LU1FAM at the mike) 330+ Qs/hour and he
said Papa Japan Four Tango after every single QSO. There is also a video of
RC0F working at a high rate on SSB IDing every 2-3 QSos tops.  D4C, CN3A,
P33W, PJ2T and many others ID frequently enough. So there is no excuse or
valid argument for the other lids not to ID for 3, 5 or even 10 minutes. It
simply is pure: "I don't give a damn, I just want that $75 plaque". Nothing
more than that.