[CQ-Contest] CQWW - Excessive Bandwidth

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Nov 6 00:25:37 EST 2013

I remember a time back in the 80's and 90's where many of the Russian
and Eastern block signals were pretty bad but we were quite happy to
work them regardless.

Keep in mind that most of those ops had to build or convert surplus
radios to work on the ham bands.

We have sure come a long way we should keep in mind that not all hams
have deep pockets and have state of the art rigs.  Many state of the art
rigs have issues.

One hand we want to encourage people to operate and then the other hand
wants to DQ them for getting on........Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.