[CQ-Contest] Secrets of Assistance - Using RBN spots with quality tags in contests

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 12:37:00 EST 2013

Barry

Yes you can do filtering on the quality tags.
You can check this page for a filter explanation
http://ab5k.net/ArcDocsVer6/UserManual/ArcDx_CT1BOH.htm

Just as an example this is a filter I built because I think interesting:
Set DX Filter (skimValid OR not skimmer or ((SkimQsy OR SkimUnknown) AND
(cty  <> K AND  cont <> EU )))

It shows:
   human spots ("not skimmer")
   V - Valid RBN spots
   Q ("skimQSY") and ? ("skimunknown") spots from outside Europe and
Outside USA
It filters out
   B Busted spots
   Q and ? spots from USA and Europe

73 José Nunes
CT1BOH/CR3E
>Are there any AR Cluster clients or AR Cluster nodes that will provide

>filtering and pass only "V" rated skimmer spots?

>Thanks & 73,
>Barry N1EU

* Each spot sent out by AR cluster or RBN cluster now has a spot quality tag
*next to it in the comment field:

V – Valid spot running  with at least three skimmers “voting” to say the
call is valid and is running on the frequency

Q – Valid spot under QSY to this new frequency or I/Q image fake spot

B – Busted spot (Both the busted and the valid call will be shown)

? – Undetermined spot  (calls with just one or two spots, before a vote can
be made by skimmers or wrong sent calls or calls prone to errors)

--
José Nunes
CONTEST CT1BOH - http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh