[CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

Maarten van Rossum pd2r.maarten at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 13:37:45 EST 2013

Yes, it's simple, just log what was send.
Of course you could try to explain to the other opp that you are not
looking for a progressive serial number but for his CQ zone. You could even
give him the hint that he's in CQ zone 14.
But if he keeps sending "59 01" then that's what you should log.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op woensdag 20 november 2013 schreef Cqtestk4xs at aol.com (Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
):

> When a "Sunday driver" guy calls me in the contest from DJ and  sends me
> 5901 instead of 5914, that clearly is wrong.  You're saying that I  should
> log
> it as 5901 and not make the correction?
>
> K4XS
>

> In a message dated 11/20/2013 2:12:05 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,
> k5zd at charter.net <javascript:;> writes:
>
> We had a  very good example of this in CQWW SSB.  7O2A was on the air  from
> Socotra Island in Yemen.  He clearly sent zone 37 for every QSO,  but many
> operators went with the default zone filled in by their logging  software
> (21)...  and lost the multiplier.
>
> Randy,  K5ZD

73, Maarten PD2R