[CQ-Contest] RBN Stats

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Mon Nov 25 12:39:02 EST 2013

I have a small AR Cluster v6 install running in my shack, primarily because I like to aggregate various spot sources and information from a Skimmer connected to my K3's IF port.

I was too busy playing in the test to notice if anyone else was connected (besides my N1MM and Viewprop connections), but I didn't hear any signs that the old computer running the node was having any load issues.  The logging computer and the Viewprop machine did, however, struggle with the filtered feed coming from the node.

The CT1BOH logic was great.   In past contests since I discovered the RBN fire hose, I was used to having a bandmap full of busted calls especially on Sunday afternoon.   There were still a few busted calls on my bandmap, false positives from pileups, spots that hadn't expired after a running station QSY'd, or because of how a couple of stations were signing while running, but (in my opinion)  it was nowhere near the problem it had been in the past when we had to rely on "Unique>#" filtering.

--
Michael Adams  N1EN
Poquonock, Connecticut  |  mda at n1en.org