[CQ-Contest] SO2R with Automatic Switching

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Tue Nov 26 16:06:36 EST 2013

Hi,

I am using two FT1000MP’s for SO2R and would like to use the band output from the radios to
automatically electronically switch all antennas, amps and filters every time I change bands rather
than the tiring/inefficient manual “switching by hand” that I have been using for the past 26 years.

I would appreciate hearing from SO2R ops what amps, antenna switches, “boxes” and /or
other devices that they use to accomplish this fully automatic switching which would be necessary
on both phone and cw.  Also, if there is a particular contest logging program that you have found
to be especially useful and well-integrated with all of this switching, please tell me as well.

Reliability and durability are of paramount importance to me as I do not want failures
occurring due to RF, cheap components and/or questionable or short-sighted design issues.

I would appreciate any thoughts and experiences with products, vendors and station design
either on or off the reflector.

Thanks in advance for your help.

73

Bob KQ2M