[CQ-Contest] on line scores

N1MM tfwagner at snet.net
Wed Nov 27 11:20:52 EST 2013

I like posting my score to the scores sites.  Why? Because seeing
another comparable station there provides incentive to compete.  I think
there is probably more value there than in the spectator benefit that
Rick is looking for.

A lot of people have objected to requiring connection to a scores site,
but why not try it in a few smaller contests and see how it affects the
competition?  Do the participants report staying in the chair longer?

To get to the spectator aspect, I think you would need to do it on a
very short contest - maybe 30 minutes to 2 hours long.  I was at Dayton
last year and watched the CW contest with an electronic scoreboard.  The
scoreboard made the competition far more interesting than in the
pre-electronic era.

A 30 minute Sprint contest with a web site to record every QSO and a
video conference room to let the spectators hang out, kibitz and drink a
beer while watching the contestants duke it out, might be a lot of fun
on a Thursday night.  A color commentator who could elaborate on the
strategies being used by the competitors would make it even better.

73,
Tom - N1MM