[CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Thu Nov 28 22:38:31 EST 2013

One could argue that running a marathon or the Iron Man triathlon is
unhealthy.  But, we see people of all ages do it on a regular basis.  It is
all about motivation and desire.

I don't find doing 44+ hours to be a health issue for me.  But, there are
many weekends where my personal life may not allow me to compete at that
level.  Having options provides motivation for more people to participate.

Ham radio contesting is the most healthy in terms of participation as it has
ever been in history.  As long as we keep making the tent bigger and more
inclusive, we will all have more stations to work and more fun.

Randy, K5ZD