[CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Nov 29 10:20:36 EST 2013

I do all those things to avoid clotting problems, but it is undeniable
that the risk is still there.  And at least in my case, sleep
deprivation two days in a row almost invariably leads to a much greater
risk of catching some sickness bug due to a weakened immune system.   I
am perfectly healthy and I've been an athlete of one sort or other
(endurance included) my entire life, but to pretend that everyone has
the same physiology is misguided.

I admire the capability of contesters who naturally need less sleep (I'm
aware of several who typically sleep less than 5 hours per night all the
time) and can operate a full 48 hour event, but for many of us that
simply is not feasible.

73,
Dave   AB7E