[CQ-Contest] Get ready to fire up those stations CQP is THIS WEEKEND!

Chris Tate - N6WM ctate at ewnetinc.com
Tue Oct 1 21:05:46 EDT 2013

Greetings once again fellow contesters.

I wanted to take a moment to again invite contesters world wide to participate in this weekends big contest, the 48th running of the California QSO Party.

The fun begins

October 5-6, 2013
1600 UTC Oct 5 to 2200 UTC Oct 6

Thanks to the expert county coordination of N6TV, and participation of many operators from around the golden state, ALL California counties will be QRV.  The excitement level within the NCCC and throughout California seems great, and we have expedition teams already preparing contest stations at some of the rarest counties,  mobiles getting ready to go on the road, and multi-operator stations doing final system checks.  This contest is serious business for the for the CQP coordinators, its operators and its sponsor, the Northern California Contest Club.

Please take a moment to visit the CQP website at http://www.cqp.org

As a reminder, we have multiple entry categories to compete for lumber, including club awards, and as an added bonus, you can try and work all California counties and earn the NCCC WACC (Worked all California Counties) award.  More info on that is available at

http://www.nccc.cc/wacc.html

CQP has become so much more than a local QSO Party over nearly half a century of operation, and we look forward to welcoming the communities participation this contest.

 We are extremely excited to once again put on this great competition. Every effort will be made to listen to stations worldwide, and assist in your efforts to work county multipliers.  There is something for everyone, from the casual contester to the serious competitive operation.  Give it a try.. And get hooked in the process!

73 and best of luck!
Chris Tate
N6WM
Contest Manager