[CQ-Contest] Ethics of operating overtime in SS

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Oct 30 09:46:21 EDT 2013

I have operated Sweepstakes Phone a number for times from Illinois and
North Carolina and rates typically became brutally slow during the last
hours.  I cannot imagine anyone wanting operate more than 24 hours.

Regarding the rules, I think you have to use some common sense. "All
stations may operate no more than 24 of the 30 hours."  Can I work a
DX-pedition after I finished my 24 hours?  What should happen if I
miscalculate and operate a few minutes more?  Disqualification?
Confiscation of equipment? Imprisonment?

John KK9A