[CQ-Contest] Whither Africa?

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Wed Oct 30 18:16:15 EDT 2013

This is more tangential to contesting, but remember as the DX station,
you control the pileup.  If you want to run a pileup, you run a pileup.
If you want to talk 15 minutes to a station, you do that.  Its your
choice.  I remember working ZD7VC a couple weeks back on 10; we
exchanged the obligatory 5/9s and I said "thank you" and mentioned that
this was our first QSO in about 20 years.  What followed was a good 10
to 12 minute one-on-one one contact.  We had some attempted "break ins",
but Bruce ignored them.

Again, the DX station controls the pileup and if people are going to be
so rude as to interrupt, they run the risk of disappearing from the
log.  I know one DX station who in his pre CQWW warm-ups did just that.

73 Rich NN3W