[CQ-Contest] CQWW S/O Classic Category

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 30 19:32:00 EDT 2013

Thanks CQ for creating this category !  I think it will give me a reason to operate longer in this contest than I normally would since I don’t have to compete directly with those who are SO2R. Plus I don’t consider myself an iron man so 24 hours is perfect for me. Also, how about a tribander/wires category (like WPX) for CQWW ? After looking at the 3830 postings it looks like the guys who place high in SOLP have big stations like the guys who do SOHP.

I enjoyed reading K5ZD’s comments on his 3830 posting. Sounds like picking your off times would be very relevant when doing the Classic category. Nice to have a category again where strategy matters instead of sitting on a frequency all weekend hitting the CQ button and tuning around on a 2nd radio working stations on other bands.

Jeff KU8E