[CQ-Contest] making $$$ on QSLs

Kip Edwards kedwards at ltol.com
Sun Sep 1 20:10:17 EDT 2013

Zack,

	Jim Maxwell, W6CF (SK), told me a story maybe 30 years ago about a
foreign station whose QSL card you desperately wanted to get.

	You worked the guy and sent him a card, an SAE and two green stamps.
No reply.  So you did it again:  a card, an SAE and two more green stamps.
Again, no reply.  So the third time you sent a card, an SAE, two more green
stamps and a pleading letter.

	Now pretend you're the guy whose card is desired and who
periodically gets two green stamps from a guy in the U.S.  You know two
things:  (1) if you send him your card, you'll never hear from him again, or
(2) if you don't reply he may keep sending you green stamps every now and
then.

	What would you do?

	73 Kip W6SZN