[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Dimly lit working environments:

George Schultz via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Wed Aug 6 14:12:42 EDT 2014

Guys,

Interesting about the lighting.  K0RF has these typical in-ceiling
overhead fluorescents in his radio room.  Those things fatigue my eyes  and put me
to sleep!  So, when I single-op at Chuck's, I bring a  long-necked,
adjustable high-intensity desk-lamp--focused on the work at  hand--and turn those
fluorescent-things off.  Every time he walks in the  room, though, he turns
them on...so, we have the "Battle of the Lights!"  I  bring the high-intensity
lamp for our multiops, too, and it does seem to  ameliorate the
fatigue-effect of the overheads--which are always on for those  efforts. Not sure what
it is about overhead fluorescent lighting  that affects me--but I know it's
true.  Guess I need to research  the color spectrum-thing, too...

GS