[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 140, Issue 8

AC0W Bill ac0w at charter.net
Thu Aug 7 21:23:04 EDT 2014

GS

If K0RF has the older technology fluorescent some people are sensitive to the 120 Hz flickering of the lamps. Plus the phosphor technology in the older stuff was not very good creating accurate colors. The combination could cause eye strain and as you stated is very tiring.

The new technology drives the lamps at 25 kHz or higher and the phosphor coatings in the new lamps result in fairly accurate colors.

An added benefit to switch to the new technology is it uses about 1/2 the energy for the same light output.

Bill
AC0W

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE D