[CQ-Contest] How about "NANCY" or "KOTT" during NCJ-Sprint September 6 (sept 7 Z)

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Thu Aug 28 12:32:20 EDT 2014

I suggest that others consider adopting either "NANCY" or "KOTT" for us
a their "NAME"during the upcoming NCJ sprint (September 7 0000-0359Z)

What? Are you crazy?  I've been told that "ED" or "AL" are the two most
popular names in the Sprint, because they are quick, and easily copied.
And, when one changes "NAME" in the Sprint, some 5% of one's Q's are
busted by the other op?  See
http://ncjweb.com/sprint-scores/cwsprint022006.pdf for this analysis.

So, I admit to being a bit crazy - isn't every ham a bit crazy?

I've been  part of a memorial to Hank Kohl, K8DD, by using "DUCK" for my
name in a NCJ event, and have used the names of recently deceased
contesters as my "Name" in NAQP and NCJ Sprints.

I never had the privilege of working Nancy Kott, WZ8C (now SK), but it
appears that she was a prominent ham and promoter of CW.

I'll be using either "Nancy" or "Kott" as my "NAME" in the upcoming NCJ
sprint.  Think about honoring her by adopting her name.  And, for
practice, perhaps enter to WZ8C memorial sprint on September 3, 0000Z to
0300Z.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time