[CQ-Contest] Overdue research on equatorial propagation

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Aug 29 08:59:39 EDT 2014

Well, one major tool in such research could be the RBN.  Currently, it
is an overwhelmingly northern hemisphere resource.  We have Skimmers in
VU, 9V, and southwestern China, but nothing to speak of in equatorial
Africa and South America.  Our efforts to fill the gap in Africa were
focused, unfortunately, in an area that has other things on its mind,
and we have not found much interest in Latin America. If anyone out
there would be interested in establishing RBN nodes in East Africa or
South America, we'd love to hear from them.  It doesn't have to be an
expensive undertaking - we can show you how.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.