[CQ-Contest] Low carb contesting

Bob Kupps via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Mon Dec 1 19:42:20 EST 2014

Hi since joining my high school ham pals for FD at N6VW/MM last June I have been on a low carb diet. Besides now weighing less than when I graduated with them 42 years ago and sporting a 6 pack for the very first time I noticed a huge improvement in my BIC stamina during the recent CQ WW tests. Even suffering with a FT450D rx with no CAT I was able to stay focused and motivated for hours on end without my usual discomfort. I even stayed unusually calm as my frequency was stolen, IZ4s called out of order, and green multipliers QSYed or faded into the chaos. I'll never be like that kid who never even stood up for 24 hours in the WRTC but it was a dramatic and unexpected improvement for me. 73 and hope to work you QRP in the ARRL 10m.

Bob HS0ZIA