[CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 Qualifying

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Dec 2 21:43:31 EST 2014

If I understand K5ZD's statement regarding the WRTC2018 "Assisted scores are
compared against Unassisted" both categories are grouped together. I have
operated Assisted and Unassisted and I can see the challenges and fun in
each. Assisted does have a scoring advantage if done properly. K5ZD and K3WW
were assisted last weekend and both beat the highest scoring unassisted U.S.
score.  Grouping these two categories together is unfair to someone who
chooses to find multipliers and band openings on their own.

John KK9A