[CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying & RDXC

Mark van Wijk pa5mw at home.nl
Fri Dec 12 07:20:27 EST 2014

   From this side of the big pond many think similar about the "old vs new"
   contest generations.

   Only few like to respond on platforms like this.

   It  is  not that we disagree with all new developments. It is that the
   sailboat-racers slowly are being put aside in more events by the year.
   Please support both, but keep them separated.

   But on the WRTC Qualifying topic;  I think diversity is good.

   Why not let every WRTC-organising Team decide the rules? Change of the
   Q-requirements every few years.

   For  participating you adapt to the changes, which sometimes suits you
   better, sometimes others. So what?

   The fun part is living the path to, but really ends at 23:59:59 in the
   contest. Period. Or haven't you learned that lesson in life yet?

   73 Mark, PA5MW

     Op 12 december 2014 om 0:42 schreef Paul O'Kane <pokane at ei5di.com>:
     On 11/12/2014 20:41, JIM NEIGER wrote:
     <snip>

     > Like Charly and others opine - the essence of ham radio contesting has
     > morphed into another hobby in which the Internet appears to be the
     > center hub. For those who use it, love it, couldn't/wouldn't live or
     > operate without it: enjoy.
     They enjoy it because "it's more fun", just as
     powerboat racers have more fun than sailboat
     racers (apparently). They look blankly at us,
     the unconnected contesters, when we say the
     internet is not ham radio.
     They are hybrid-communications contesters -
     they just cannot bring themselves to admit it.
     73,
     Paul EI5DI