[CQ-Contest] Cut numbers -- a different take

Ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Mon Dec 15 17:52:05 EST 2014

Yet another take:

In what radio service do the operators deliberately confuse things by using
 cut numbers, especially when there is QRM, QSB, weak signals, etc?.  I
thought real "radiomen" would consider the conditions and adjust accordingly
to  get the message across accurately.  I thought cut numbers were to be used
 only when it was safe and appropriate to do so.

I had a friend, W9CG (SK), who was a ship operator in the old days and
that's what he told me.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 12/15/2014 17:00:27 GMT Standard Time, w5gn at mxg.com