[CQ-Contest] WRTC de K4XS

K4XS via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Tue Dec 16 17:52:41 EST 2014

I have no dog in this fight.

First, my operations in any of the contests mentioned for  qualifying will
probably be assisted.  Second, if I do qualify I probably  will not be
competing in the WRTC.

That being said I think the concept of putting SOA and SO on the  same
level for qualification is just plain dumb.

Two reasons for this:

First, all things being equal it's rather obvious that an assisted  score
will contain more mults than one without assistance from the  internet which
produces a higher qualifying score  It's pure baloney  that running assisted
will produce a lower score.  Those of us who have  proficient in SOA know
better.

Second, for the WRTC no internet assistance will be allowed.   Why in
heavens name do you qualify running assisted, but in the competition  cannot use
the interent?   It's like allowing race cars to qualify for  a race....some
use restrictor plates, some don't.  However, all will be  judged equally.
Then, to make it even more bizarre, the actual race will  have restrictor
plates for all cars.  Huh?  Let's either have internet  for qualifying and
competition or else not have interent for qualifying and  competition.  I'm
happy either way.

K4XS

PS  For anyone interested in having a superstation in  qualifying for WRTC,
the  K4XS station is for sale, house/rotating  towers/antennas etc .  The
XYL and I are heading back to the "island  life".  More info contact me and
visit   http://mcaf.ee/hl27m