[CQ-Contest] Legalities and ethics of international remote operation?

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:41:27 EST 2014

Michael --

FCC Radio Amateur Rules, Part 97.107.   "... No citizen of the United
States or person holding an FCC amateur operator/primary station license
grant is eligible for the reciprocal operating authority ... "

The complete text of the FCC's Part 97 rules is at:

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=390d9c2a7519b172cc3f2a6cf0520ed3&node=pt47.5.97&rgn=div5

*** Understand that nothing in any email from me constitutes legal advice.
I'm just relating my personal conclusions after having looked into these
matters in the past for my own purposes.  Both rules and rules
interpretations change over time. ***

73, Dave K3ZJ