[CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Dec 22 11:41:34 EST 2014

On Mon,12/22/2014 3:54 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> I think N1MM can be set up to disable ESM logging of dupes in S&P
> mode, and some people run with N1MM in S&P mode. But the regular "log"
> button will work. And even beyond that there's an "alt-enter" combo to log
> almost anything that would be otherwise rejected by the computer's demented
> electric brain.

In S&P mode N1MM will not call a dupe with ESM, but you can do it with
the F-key (most of us use F4 for our call). If you enter a dupe, whether
in S&P or Run mode, it will log it normally, just like any other QSO.
What N1MM will NOT do (without being forced) is to enter an exchange
that it doesn't think is right for the contest.

I'd call any logger that won't let you log and enter a dupe is bad
software. :)

73, Jim K9YC