[CQ-Contest] what else is lost

Martin Durham w1md at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 1 13:24:47 EST 2014

No Mike Ham Radio didn't die when HR (I was the technical editor there for its last three years) or 73 died...but a little piece of it did.  Death by a thousand cuts. We as the hobbiests and the vendors have to support each other...

I agree that subsidies aren't necessarily the right direction...BUT...if we aren't collectively reading the tea leaves...well we're all going to wake up one morning and wonder where the tea leaves went.

Seriously doubt you will see any new rags that cater to the ham culture.  Raspberry Pi, arduino, picaxe...yeah maybe there...

73,

Marty Durham
W1MD
w1md at arrl.net